10 items to think about before beginning a Landscape Project
There are many considerationns when you first contact a landscape professional for a project at your home. By thinking about the following ten items you will be able to help the Landscape Architect or design professional realize your goals and create a landscape that is truely your own:
- How do you want to use your yard? A place to entertain, quiet retreat, children's play area, dog area, etc.
- What are your goals? Use landscape to increase your house value, improve your entryway, curb appeal, personal space, increase parking, etc.
- What direction does your house face? How much sun do you get and where? Site conditions play an important role in design plans and plant selections.
- Do you have any water issues or soil issues?
- What kind of style do you want? Formal, informal, mixed, naturalistic, woody, groomed, therapeutic, etc.
- What do you like? Lots of color, favorite color, subtle, texture, stone, lots of different greens, whimsical, etc.
- What kind of space do you like? Open and airy, closed and private, an extension of the indoors, bird or butterfly garden, a strolling garden, a viewing garden, healing garden, etc.
- What is important to you? Plantings, trees, shrubs, perennials, lawn, patio, deck walkways, parking, storage, lighting. Looking for some type of special feature? Such as a water feature, pergola, bench, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, etc.
- How much maintenance do you want to do? Do you enjoy being outside and gardening, but you need someone to help you get started? Or do you prefer a low- maintenance yard?
- What is your budget? Do you want to do the landscaping all at once or over time.
If you are considing a renovation to an existing landscape or creating a new concept for your home or place of business contact us so that we can help facilitate you ideas and bring them to life.